So, this is where I’m at right about now.
I am truly floored by the love and support from each of my followers. Thank you so much for your wonderful posts and thoughtful comments.
Thank you Dispatches From The Gypsy Roller!
It’s been great watching this blog evolve from a blog about cooking in the tiny kitchen of a trailer to maintaining healthy choices in the midst of change.
Some translations of “liebster” into English from the German:
The purpose of the Liebster Award is to highlight the efforts and contributions of those who are new to blogging. Here are the guidelines for the award:
- Add the award icon to your blog.
- Link to your nominator to say thank you.
- Each blogger should post 11 facts about themselves.
- Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Choose 11 up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers, go to their blog, and tell them about the award.
Here are 11 facts about myself:
1. I used to take pictures of almost everything I ate. Oddly enough, I do that less now that I have a blog. Weird. (EDIT: BECAUSE MY CAMERA AND PUTER ARE NOT SPEAKING TO ONE ANOTHER RIGHT NOW).
2. I’m kind of a nerd at heart.
3. I started this post around Xmas time, and somehow never got back to it.
4. That quote about introverts and extroverts at a party: both can do it, but the introvert feels drained afterwards, while the extrovert feels energized. Yes. (I WAS MOSTLY THINKING OF ALL OF THE XMAS HOOPLA WHEN I WROTE THIS ONE, BUT IT HOLDS UP FOR OTHER SITUATIONS AS WELL.)
5. I’m allergic to soy. And nuts. And fish. And a few other things. These are only issues when I’m around others. People can be surprisingly careless.
6. I like cake. A lot.
7. My laundry basket is sometimes so full that I could decorate it with ornaments and use it for an Xmas tree. (OR, YOU KNOW, A SUMMER TREE WITH ORNAMENTS…).
8. I went swimming once so far this summer.
9. I eat the same things most of the time.
10. I find these lists really hard to complete.
11. I like iced coffee. (ALL YEAR, BUT ESPECIALLY IN THE SUMMERTIME).
Here are my answers:
- What do you think are the three best items to donate to the food bank? Corn, artichokes, and beans. Because I like them, and maybe other people would, too.
- What book are you currently reading and would you recommend it? I am not reading much of anything at the moment, but the last book I re-read was Unbearable Lightness. Yes, I would recommend it, though it might be triggering for those who have or had eating disorders.
- How do you typically spend your time between eating dinner and going to bed? On the computer or watching a movie.
- Describe your favourite local restaurant. It is this cute little Italian place, where everyone remembers you and your likes/dislikes.
- What is your guilty pleasure when it comes to food? See aforementioned Italian food. I consider coffee a guilty pleasure, too, because it isn’t that great for you, but sometimes it helps get you through the day.
- Who is your favourite artist? Well, I like the courage of Kahlo, but it’s hard to pick an overall favorite. Different art for different moods.
- What is your favourite fruit or vegetable that grows in or around the area you live in? Tomatoes from the garden. Hothouse tomatoes are garbage.
- Which quality do you appreciate most in people? Loyalty.
- Describe favourite way to spend $10. Lunch. Probably a caprese panini with iced tea. ( I JUST SPENT $10 DOING EXACTLY THAT. GUESS I CALLED THAT ONE.)
- In a perfect world, who would cook you dinner every night? The chefs at my favorite restaurant.
- Which kitchen utensil or piece of cook wear do you use the most? I have a smallish fry pan that’s the perfect size for most meals.
Here are my nominees:
Do you want to play? Well, consider yourself tagged for any of these awards. I am very selective about the blogs I read, so if I’m mentioning a blog, it’s because I actually read and enjoy it. Many of my favorites no longer accept awards, and I believe it’s best to share the love anyway.
I am currently reading:
Aside from the blogs already mentioned in this post, I am currently reading the following. If I forgot your blog, it doesn’t mean I don’t read it anymore, it just didn’t show up on the Reader when I made the list.
Here are my questions:
1. Alvin, Simon, or Theodore and why?
2. What is your favorite lunch?
3. Favorite summer activity?
4. Favorite salad?
5. Favorite cartoon as a kid?
6. Do you garden?
7. What did you want to be when you grew up?
8. Favorite small appliance?
9. I blog best when I…
10. Favorite movie?
11. Song that is stuck in your head?
Shine On Award
Thank you You Can’t Eat That!
You Can’t Eat That is devoted to demonstrating all of the wonderful culinary options available to people with food allergies.
Illuminating Blogger Award
Thank you Peri’s Spice Ladle!
Peri’s Blog is *the* place to go to for accessible Indian recipes.
Blog of the Year 2012
Thank you Healthy Frenchie!
Do you like healthy living? Dogs? Cool pictures of scenery? All can be found at Healthy Frenchie. Good stuff!
Happy Xmas in July! 🙂