I’ve been impressing myself lately.
- stopped to get milk & coffee (in my pjs, but I don’t even care)
- started the laundry
- started a soup in the crockpot, which involved cutting vegetables early in the morning
- made my quickie saucepaste, with slight modification: cutting out the tomato goo from the Romas
- dumped & cleaned my tomato plant rig
- made a lovely tomato/mozz melt with the saucepaste
In general, I’m happy to report, I’m really doing pretty well. I still have one very big milestone to hit, but otherwise, I truck through pain & swelling ok. Yeah, that’s not great, but at least I’m out & about.
I’ve gone into the city a couple of times, which was so cathartic for me. Part of me wants to move back, part of me doesn’t know if I should take smaller bites out of life first.
I’ve gone to the sports arena a couple of times. I’ve gone on public transportation and dealt with crazy vertical stairs as well. I can muster up a decent pace walking in a straight line now— unless I’ve done too much that day, then I start walking like Lurch again. It’s not bad.
As I get better, my capacity for shining is coming back.
I’ve been setting small goals. I am working on letting go of perfect, but I do get closer to my idea of perfection now.
I am becoming stronger. I will need that strength.