By the time I got to my stash of ripened cherry tomatoes, some of them had gone south. I was left with about a plateful of useable tomatoes, so I just did a quick modification of my first attempt at making a sauce.
This was more paste than sauce. I liked it that way, so I left it. I decided to use this on sandwiches instead of pasta, where its thickness was an asset.
- Raw tomatoes on plate
- Tomatoes with garlic-infused olive oil, garlic powder, basil, oregano, a dash of black pepper
- After broiling them on HIGH/electric. I started with them on the middle rack for about 5 minutes, constantly checking them, and then topped them off for about a minute or two on the top rack- also constantly checking them.
- After pureeing in the mini-chopper
- Adding pureed tomatoes and residual tomato oil to a can of tomato paste
- After stirring
- After adding in a glug of olive oil and about 1/4 cup of water