While I’ve certainly eaten my share of BBQ, can you believe I’d not yet made myself any since starting this blog? It’s been ages since I BBQ’d- so long, in fact, that I’d forgotten how to do it. So, these are my first and second attempts at BBQ.
Quorn cutlets marinated in BBQ sauce
Same as above, with pepper and tomato substituting for the corn.
So far, my favorite thing to do with the leftovers is dice the patties, place them in the beans, cover them with something microwave-safe, and heat them up together. Yum!
I made some mistakes, but I’m learning.
- I forgot to soak the corn before grilling. I will probably search for an actual recipe to maximize the flavor.
- At first I didn’t realize you had to stir the beans.
- The tomatoes did nothing on the grill. I would say “don’t bother”, but I’m pretty sure this failure was due to inexperience.
- The grill took a very long time to heat up both times. It turned out that I needed to clean it. …Done.
- While one of the first Quorn patties looks burnt at first glance, closer examination reveals that it was just a surface coating. Both sets tasted absolutely delicious. In fact, the patties from the first BBQ were actually better than those from the second!