There’s just something about grilled food in the summertime. Although I adore bbq’d veggies, so far I’ve been sticking to the indoor grill because it’s so fast and easy. I’ve been living on grilled vegetables lately. The only thing that changes is the final preparation. Sometimes, I leave them as-is, sometimes I play with toppings. Grilled eggplant is one of my favorites.
This incarnation was incredibly simple to prepare to the point where it’s pretty much self-explanatory. But, here are the steps, just for convenience’s sake:
1. Preheated the grill
2. Diced the vine-ripened tomatoes
3. Peeled the eggplant using a knife & cutting board
4. Grilled the eggplant for about 4 minutes
5. Poured some balsamic vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil over both
6. Sprinkled with nutritional yeast, basil, oregano, and pepper