This was my first time baking ziti! It was just made from what I had around. YUM!
What I used:
Sauce from a jar (3 cheese flavor)
Field Roast Meatloaf 1/2 loaf
4 string cheese sticks
a 2″ x 2″ block of mild cheddar
shredded Italian blend cheese
grated parmesan cheese
large spaghetti pot
things to stir with
cutting board & knife
large ziti pan
garlic infused olive oil spray
1. I put the “meatloaf” in the mini chopper. Then, browned it in the fry pan with the grapeseed oil.
2. I cooked the ziti in the spaghetti pot until it was al dente. I used the entire box.
3. The sauce needed some help. I added oregano, basil, garlic powder, and pepper to give it more flavor. Then, I added the “meat” to the sauce, chopped the string cheese into little circles, diced the cheddar, and added the cheese to the sauce, stirring well.
4. I drained the pasta, then added it to the sauce, and stirred.
5. I sprayed the ziti pan with garlic flavored olive oil, then added the ziti mixture to the pan.
6. Then, I topped it with a layer of Italian blend, a layer of parmesan, then some nutritional yeast.
7. I baked it at 350F for about 30 mins. So yummy!