Have you ever bought a bushel of basil, only to find that about half the leaves aren’t so visually appealing? Here’s something quick & easy to do with them! Caprese.
I. Love. Caprese. I know I just said that about eggplant parm a few posts back, but oh, caprese… caprese is my summer love. It’s close enough to summer, isn’t it? Easy, quick, tasty- really, what’s not to love?
Ugly Leaf Caprese:
Cutting board & knife
Ground Black Pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Line the bottom of your bowl with garlic powder and dried oregano to taste.
2. Remove basil from stem & wash. Chop in processor. Place in bowl. Stir.
3. Dice mozzarella. Place in bowl. Stir.
4. Dice tomatoes, taking out the tomato guts & doing with them as you will. Place tomatoes in bowl. Stir.
5. Add some olive oil. Stir.
6. Add a dash of ground black pepper. Stir.
7. Add garlic powder again (to taste). Stir.
8. Place in storage container & refrigerate. The garlic, etc. will soak in. However, the oil will become partially solid. Take out & let warm to room temp & stir before serving. Enjoy!