For those new to the blog, posts titled or tagged “nonsequitur” usually have mostly non-food content. I got the idea from a blogger, who got it from another blogger, who… (you see where I’m going with this). By the time it’s gotten to me, the concept has been reduced to “random stuff off of the top of my head”. I find it’s good to release the pressure valve every once in a while. If you are the sort of person who likes a glimpse of the person behind the food, welcome. If not, we’ll catch up with the next food post.
On Creativity: I saw Tangled when it first came out. I just rented it for the first time since then, and remembered how much the witch reminded me of Bernadette Peters. I thought maybe I wasn’t the only one, and yes, it turns out, there are more than a few people who think they ripped off her Into the Woods interpretation of Gothel. Between this and the mess with the genie, color me unimpressed.
On Into the Woods: While I was aware of the musical before now, I had no recollection of the details. I rented this after Tangled, and absolutely loved it. I like musicals, but haven’t seen a ton of them. Thank goodness for Hollywood filming some of the most famous ones, otherwise I’d know even fewer.
On Cake: I think I will always love cake.
On Coffee: My first cup of coffee after being sick was probably the most delicious cup I’ve ever tasted.
More random TBL observations:
1. Trust no one. …Not surprised, but disappointed Jeff betrayed his best buddy for his future gf.
2. I was a little surprised that the wrap with nachos was carbier than the double burger, but I was happy I guessed that correctly.
3. Parkour is insane but fun to watch.
4. I still can’t believe these people who are all larger than me (for now) are as athletic as they’ve become.
5. I thought it was cool that Danni exercised during the temptation, because when the blue team was locked in the game room, all I kept thinking was “what’s stopping you from exercising?”.
6. I do not like reality show sensationalism. The thing is, I know better. I can tell that this is all set up to make good tv. Yet, I watch it anyway. So, it’s a bit of a struggle, but at this point, I’m rooting for all of them.
That’s all for now. Have a great week!